Saturday, June 19, 2021

Hot & hazy

Big cumulus clouds looked menacing but nothing happened.   I wasted pixels hunting flying dragons, but t got a few twelve-spotted dragonflies.  Damselflies were more cooperative, but so tiny. 

A stick got stuck in the pool skimmer and clinging to its tip was an assassin bug nymph that looked quite dead.  But I left on the concrete it to dry out and, sure enough, it revived. There were quite a few feathers in the water.  I hope they were just molted and preened away.  

A bumblebee worked on the mountain mint.  A brown thrasher didn't want its picture taken.  A squirrel passed very close to me to get to fallen sunflower seeds.  

After sunset, wispy clouds looked ethereal, but they blurred the moon.  Still, I got a good view of craters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment