Monday, June 14, 2021

Fly

I mostly cleaned the pool in the morning, but I got another chance in the afternoon.  A really large black ant agreed to be photographed after it was rescued.  A blue dasher guarded the back of the house. A feather danced all over the patio and up as high as the roof.  A 12 spotted skimmer patrolled the upper airspace. 

In the afternoon, I rescued an assassin bug nymph.  A spider was swirled around in the skimmer and I thought it was dead.  But as soon as it felt air, it unfolded alarmingly fast and revealed that it was a mama.  The spiderlings scuttled all over but were so small that I could only see them when they moved.  There were also two tan beetles that revived. I saw a tiny damselfly that might have had a red thorax.I didn't get to verify this because a fly came after me.  I'm not sure if it was a greenhead or a deer fly, but it was clearly after meat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment