Sunday, June 6, 2021

Not in the prediction!

The sun at breakfast spotlighted half open daylily flowers.   There was supposed to be no chance of precipitation today so I didn't rush to get outdoors.  But a storm popped up after lunch and didn't clear off till after 4pm.  While the rain fell in bursts and there was a little thunder there wasn't very much more water in the ant moat.  Even so, rainfall for the year again edged ahead of the average with more expected all week. 

I managed some pool time after the rain, but not much was going on.  A few more black beetles needed rescue.  The spider I'm still trying to identify must have identified me because it hustled away into the vegetation. So far the closest thing seems to be the genus Schizocosa.  I rescued a glass snail twice then gave up on it.  After supper I noticed the rabbit in a neighbor's yard.  The fireflies were back as soon as the sun set. 




No comments:

Post a Comment