Saturday, August 15, 2026

Butterflies

Yesterday I had meetings and didn't go swim till 5pm.  There were the usual couple of frogs.  I rescued a black wasp that had been carrying a legless spider when they landed in the water.  I figured the spider was doomed.  That was it till I got out.  Then a greenhead fly went for me.  I hadn't bothered with deterrent because I thought we were past their season.  It hit my arms, thigh, and legs as  i rushed to the house and the can of bug killer.  I sprayed everywhere but I have no idea if I hit the wretched fly.  I know I hit me and had to wash the stuff off.  Anyway, the result was no post yesterday.  

Thus I was very cautious this morning but I didn't see any sign of the fly.  It had rained overnight and dropped the temperature somewhat.  I evicted the two frogs again.  A good sized spider was on the railing but I wasn't sure if it was alive.  As I dripped, I saw a sulphur visit the milkweed, a red spotted purple resting on a dogwood, and a tiger swallowtail flying among the trees.  The sky looked like more rain but none fell.  We wint to a fundraiser in the evening and I noticed the tree crickets were loud both there and when we got home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment