Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Tuesday, August 4, 2026
Rain
Another hibiscus flower appeared. The sky looked ominous in the morning but I swam anyway. A few May and June beetles should have been thankful for that. The frogs resented it. I evicted three of them several times and also disposed of the one I found dead in the skimmer. Meanwhile, the sky sprinkled me. There was a brief interlude of sun when I got out, then a shower even though the sun kept shining. The dark spider in the azalea was hard to see. A female great blue skimmer dragonfly hunted from the garden stake perches. Carpenter mimic bees fussed over the mountain mint. A yellow butterfly disappeared into the trees. A skink hid from me, but not well. A hummer flew at the kitchen window then to the feeder. At lunch, I saw a brown headed nuthatch. A Carolina wren seemed to be stuffing vegetation into the birdhouse. Fingers crossed! Mid afternoon, the showers turned to a hard rain that flooded Norfolk and cancelled events. However, we only got about a quarter inch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment