Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Thursday, August 27, 2026
Cloudy
The sky often looked like rain but none fell and occasionally there was sun. The male goldfinch was thirsty but also quick and hard to catch on camera. I took the camera to the pool edge and got one frog inside the skimmer. There were two but the other dived. I eventually caught it. The one that didn't dive tried to hide beside the camera, I guess because it was dark. A black ground beetle rode a leaf around the skimmer. I caught a dragonfly nymph in my hands and we studied each other, but I couldn't figure out any way to take a picture so I released it. As I dripped, a skink crossed the steps and climbed the retaining wall. I counted 27 full size milkweed pods and didn't include some smaller ones. but no caterpillars. A cloudless sulphur flitted across the patio. Hummers focused on the one-hole feeder and I discovered the bigger feeder was dry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment