Saturday, August 22, 2026

Warmer

The day got warmer than predicted and stayed humid.  Cloudy periods alternated with burning sunlight.   I found two grown skinks basking, one by the pool steps and the other by the deep end.  Two frogs were hiding in the skimmer but I chased them down.  I found another praying mantis castoff exoskeleton afloat.  A yellow crab spider tried to take possession of the door and another dangled over the pool steps.  There were mosquitoes, but nothing worse.  A blue dasher was standing watch when I came outside and a bigger dragonfly glittered in the sunlight when I got out of the water but I never got a good look at it.  A third skink wanted something behind my chair but didn't stay there long.  As we ate supper, there was a flash and a loud crack of thunder, then nothing.  Sometime later a light rain began.   


No comments:

Post a Comment