Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Crab
Fortunately, the sticky heat was frequently relieved by a breeze. Lots of cumulus blew up from the Southwest. The brown headed nuthatch was back The dark spider posed like an orb weaver but what I could see of the web was just a tangle of threads with no pattern. A couple of duskywings argued over the mountain mint. I posed a drowned camel cricket.I found no frogs in the pool today, but a mud crab instead. It pinched my fingers and toes and got away into deep water. Speaking of pinches, National Geographic introduced the Schmidt sting pain index. A hummer made a brief visit to its feeder. A male slaty skimmer used the smaller perch but spent much of the time hunting. I saw a reddish dot in the sky and got a blurry shot of a Carolina saddleback dragonfly. A titmouse saw something hair-raising. Once again, a sprinkle made me take the camera inside.
Labels:
butterfly,
crab,
cricket,
dragonfly,
hummingbird,
nuthatch,
spider,
tufted titmice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment