Can a frog look sheepish? When I took the lid off the skimmer, two frogs were crammed together in a corner, blinking at me. One hopped away but the other dodged around to dive into the water. I caught it twice, or else the other came back. Aside from that, I fished out dead June beetles and a drowned woodlouse hunter spider.
After lunch I spent some time outside. Despite being 90°, it was pleasant in the shade with a breeze. The sky was cloudless but hazy. I saw a few skinks, a hummer, a blue dasher, and a tiger swallowtail. An osprey flew up the creek and a hawk flew across the yard.
A small black bee landed on the concrete at the edge of the house shadow and appeared to do a honeybee dance. I didn't watch it continuously but I think it staggered into the sunlight, keeled over and died. I came inside not long after.
No comments:
Post a Comment