Thursday, September 7, 2017

Cool

Hummers were still at it.  I also saw doves and titmice at breakfast.  A snowy egret hung around the dam.  And when I dashed back to my office to get my car key, I saw a male kingfisher sitting on the dock.  Of course I did not have the camera.

The sun was hot but clouds flowing out of the West kept blotting it out and then a chilly wind would blow.  The Argiope seemed to be content with her spot in the cherry.  A bird grasshopper blended in on the hibiscus. 

Today's rescue score was two live skinks and four frogs, only two of which hopped away.  Also a wolf spider seemed reluctant to leave and a moth almost got snatched by a dragonfly after I fished it out. 

A blue jay raided the mealworms.  At least three hummers held a war dance around the feeder.


No comments:

Post a Comment