Tuesday, September 19, 2017

José weather



It lacked a day of the new moon but was close enough for the winds from José to push the high tide up into the yard.  A wet Carolina wren munched on a mealworm.  I saw a downy woodpecker that got away and I think the kingfisher saw me first as I only heard it.

Hummers turned up their beaks at the feeder so we got fresh out after breakfast.  Meanwhile a hummer tried everything from camellia and rosemary flowers to red leaves.

Titmice and the regulars were hungry.  Snowy egrets above and below the dam enjoyed the flood. 

So much escaped the camera today.  As I was leaving, about five mockingbirds appeared to be playing tag in the front yard.  Then in the West there was a golden break in the clouds with beams of light pouring down over the city.  Meanwhile it was raining on me on the freeway.


No comments:

Post a Comment