Thursday, September 14, 2017

Downpour

The creek was glassy in the morning light.  However the feeders were quiet. I missed the rest of the morning as the sky clouded over.  Rain began right after we started eating lunch. It got heavy enough to go shooting in an arc off the roof.  But it didn't last very long so the ant moat ad hoc rain gauge didn't overflow.  Lots of trash was washed into the creek. Titmice and the regulars eventually came for seeds. 

K persuaded the Argiope spider trapped in the window to leave, apparently sulking. I ventured out in the late afternoon when it was dry, which was silly since I was in the pool.  The clouds flowing out of the Southwest were beginning to show cracks, and after I went back in, the sun took over.  I fished one more dead frog out of the skimmer.  Everything else was acorns.  A bird grasshopper clung to the window frame, perilously close to the pink shamrock spider.  The Argiope in the cherry seemed content with its spot.  I noticed some large black swallowtail caterpillars on the new parsley.  A wasp and a few mint moths rounded out the wildlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment