Monday, September 11, 2017

Gray

It was a busy day for me and I didn't expect to see much, but I did, primarily birds and spiders.  The sky looked threatening but it was all bluster.  I found the Argiope in the daisies but not the spinyback orbweaver in the fig.  And I couldn't locate the other Argiope that had been on the bathroom window until K told me it was trapped between the screen and the glass of a window in the music room.  The Argiope in the cherry was still there, and easier to see so a leaf must have fallen.  And a Aranea busily spun a web over the center window in my office.

A brown thrasher under and a mockingbird on the crape myrtle each found something of interest.   A flicker worked at something at the base of the neighbors' tree.  A hummer came for juice, but I could not tell if it was a familiar one.  A Carolina wren poked around under the rosemary.


No comments:

Post a Comment