Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Bugged

I finished breakfast outside and a male hummer joined me.  I didn't think I dared move to pick up the camera.  Later in the morning, a blue jay perched on the post and fanned its feathers out.  Perhaps it was hoping the sun would disinfect them?  Usually they seek dusty ground or an anthill for that.  

The hibiscus continued to open almost a dozen big, red flowers each day.  I need to spray it again.  A volunteer portulaca bloomed rose pink.  The mountain mint was like a grocery before a hurricane with bees and wasps as customers.  A black swallowtail egged the rue while a tiger swallowtail fed on the daisies.  I never got in the pool because that nasty greenhead fly prefers mid day.  Then I had a meeting to attend and they decided to stay outdoors.  And of course there were fleas or gnats or something in the grass. 

When I got home the sun had set but there were still tinted clouds.  A hummer showed up but just then K returned from the blueberry patch.  The hummer returned a little later but there wasn't enough light.  When I went outside to close the seed feeder, the crescent moon was sliding behind the trees.  Fireflies were blinking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment