Thursday, July 8, 2021

Tropical Storm Elsa

The peppers were getting ripe  I moved some potted plants in preparation for the storm.  I suppose all the flowers will be shredded.  A new variety popped up from the fairy garden seeds.  I sneaked in a swim just before the storm arrived - nothing but brown scarab beetles.  Oh, and a mama spider rafting on a curled leaf. 

A female hummer and a male came separately to their feeder..   As the rain began, a house wren poked around but didn't find anything satisfying.  The brown thrashers visited and one went to work on the suet.  A squirrel sat on the feeder and washed itself.  Birds ate the wild cherries.  A female bluebird sampled the suet and then a catbird did the same. 

As the light failed fireflies came swirling into the wind.  Around 8pm my phone  let out a screech and said to hide from a tornado that was on its way but, fortunately, nothing happened.  Those winds were still howling as I typed this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment