Sunday, July 11, 2021

Still hot

I turned the hummer feeder around so it faced away from the bees.  That succeeded in agitating them less but it also meant the hummers had their back to me.  There were still a great many honeybees and somewhat fewer wasps.  The great golden digger wasps were plentiful.  Dragonflies made use of the perches.  I rescued a mama spider and a couple of grasshopper nymphs.  Also, I saved what I thought was a millipede but on closer examination appeared to be a beetle larva.

Crows lurked in the vegetation.  A Carolina wren and a bluebird came for suet.  A blue jay seemed confused about why it was here.   I went swimming in the morning because of meetings in the afternoon.  Just as well as I heard thunder in the afternoon and K said there was a little rain.  


No comments:

Post a Comment