Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Humid

A Carolina wren started the day.   When I went out to swim a gray hairstreak and a snout butterfly were enjoying mountain mint, but only the snout was still there when I came back with the camera.  Later, a black swallowtail  looked for places to lay eggs.  A dragonfly kept watch on one of the perches. 

 I spent most of the pixels on bees and wasps that I hoped to identify.  There were way too many caterpillars on the parsley, so many they were eating the seeds.  I relocated most of them to other plants.  Then I noticed that the milkweed had at least four caterpillars.  The plant's barely big enough to feed one.

Titmice took over the feeder, mostly fledglings from their behavior.  I glimpsed the pine warbler.   The humidity made the heat oppressive while K picked blueberries.  


No comments:

Post a Comment