Monday, July 26, 2021

Evening storm

I moved the hummer feeder over to the hibiscus but I don't know if they found it.  I put the bark butter dish out next to the mountain mint and that was discovered right away.  Blue jays and brown thrashers wasted no time.  It sure beat trying to reach the last bit of suet.  .  A dragonfly used the perch outside the window.

There were birds on my windowsill, I don't know why.  I think they were a cardinal and a titmouse  A great blue heron stalked along the shoreline.  One turtle was out on a lake log.  By 4pm the sky was getting dark.  I picked blueberries and nothing happened so I went for a swim.  The thunder and lightning persuaded me to cut it short.  I did rescue a wasp and dispose of a defunct skinklet.  The rain began before 6:30pm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment