Friday, July 12, 2024

Dark daytime

I measured the rainwater in a bucket at two inches for yesterday and overnight.   The rain paused in the morning and there was even some blue sky.  The goldfinch pair wanted their breakfast.  I found one Argiope spider but not the other two.  Plants revived and I straightened some bamboo stakes. I propped up the sunflower that fell over days ago and soon the female goldfinch started pecking at its seeds.  I doubt they were ripe yet.  The male kept watch.  

The mountain mint was covered with hungry insects including a Macrosiagon dimidiata beetle.  I also saw great golden digger wasps, scoliid wasps,  sand wasps, leafcutter bees, bumblebees carpenter bees, and honeybees.  In the pool, I rescued a mama spider with a big egg pearl and many brown May beetles.  A rain shower drove me inside but the heavy rain waited till afternoon.  It got very dark indoors and I heard thunder.  



No comments:

Post a Comment