Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Damp

Rain and clouds and cool temperatures did not encourage me to venture out but did not deter hummers.  The orange cat came for a drink from the birdbath.  Then a house finch landed on the feeder hanger and the cat was all eyes.  Brown headed nuthatches wanted seeds too.  Goldfinches joined the house finch.  Even a bluebird came for seeds.  (I didn't offer anything that the rain would ruin.) 

The wandering Argiope moved around the corner to the glass right above my chair.  At first, I thought I was looking at a bird splat on the glass.  Then I realized it was the web's stabilimentum, the zigzag and white patch in the middle of the web.  And it was right next to the bird warning decal - coincidence?  A Southern purple mint moth clung to the glass below the web.  The rain stopped but the afternoon stayed cool and damp and uninviting.  




No comments:

Post a Comment