Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Blue sky

The hibiscus managed another flower. In addition to the large fungus under the oak, I found little red boletes and a gray russula in the grass.  A blue dasher guarded the pool from one of the bamboo stakes.  I rescued some spiders and glimpsed a few butterflies and a skink. I found yet another frog in the pool, which I eventually caught and set  on the concrete.  It disappeared while my back was turned.

 I also rescued a horntail that was clinging to a twig with oak leaves afloat in the water.  I wasn't sure it was alive but began to move spasmodically and slowly revived.  An almost microscopic wasp was stuck on the horn which apparently annoyed the horntail.  For some reason, the horntail staggered to the edge and fell back into the water twice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment