Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Clean up

Enough rain fell to interest egrets in the dam outfall.  The creek was placid with autumn-like reflections and the air was cool enough for fall.  But I'm not ready for summer to end.  Titmice and chickadees kept the seed feeder busy.  A pair of goldfinches also visited the feeder but were gone before I could think of getting the camera.  I saw first a male, them female hummingbirds at their feeder.

 As I was cleaning the pool, a flock f mallards gathered on the creek.  The pool had many drowned spiders, which creeped me out.  K saw several skinklets but I finally saw one and it revealed another as it ran past.  I also noticed an acorn that got snagged in the maple tree.  An argiope web covered much of the bathroom window.


No comments:

Post a Comment