Saturday, August 12, 2017

Rain, rain, rain

In between the waves of rain, brief interludes of sun and blue sky deceived me into thinking it was over.  The longest window opened while we were eating lunch.  I saw dragonflies and swallowtails - black and tiger.  But I didn't get pictures.  Hummers warred over the feeder.When I went out later, I could see that the next wave of rain had diluted the sugar water, so I took the feeder in.  A hummer buzzed through, saw it was missing, and zoomed off. 

I saw a little green grasshopper nymph in the mulch.  A duskywing fed on the mint.  I rescued a spider and saw a snail exploring the edge of the pool. The mosquitoes were thick and the dragonflies had given up.  The orange dog caterpillar had moved and had eaten a stalk of rue. Small moths clung to the windows and a slug climbed the glass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment