Thursday, August 10, 2017

Sunshine

Hummers got up early and hungry.  One was molting tiny feathers.  A couple of huge webs covered approaches to kitchen windows, probably because we had lights on late.  Titmice soon made nuisances of themselves.  One took a bath in the ant moat!

Mid morning a Carolina wren visited the seed feeder, but not the mealworms.  Doves landed but soon departed.  I saw several butterflies and dragonflies, but never when I was ready with the camera.  I did catch a picture of a huge wasp that seemed to want entry to the house.  The hummers fussed at the larger birds and chased each other. 

I evicted a little frog and rescued a five-legged grasshopper from the pool. It was full of debris from the yard work.  But I had already lost the afternoon to a long phone call.


No comments:

Post a Comment