Thursday, August 3, 2017

Cloudier

Buggier, too.  The dragonflies feasted.  Some perched, some dangled, and some just kept flying.  I saw butterflies, including a red-spotted purple, I think, but got no pictures. 

A mockingbird ate cherries.  A fledgling blue jay begged for parental feeding.  Hummers warred over the feeder. 

I rescued a tiny skink from the skimmer.  It already had lost some tail.  Then K and I caught a little green frog between us. 

The sky went from blue with wisps to mackerel.  An osprey alerted us with its musical cry.  A big flock of crows wheeled over the creek, but I could not figure out their purpose.  After that, I saw high fliers I think were swifts. 

At dusk, I thought I saw bats - speedy dark blurs against a dark sky.  The moon was veiled and revealed by clouds pouring ENE.


No comments:

Post a Comment