Sunday, August 6, 2017

Cool for August


I had two moments of courage - first was a presentation in the morning, which among other matters included The Caterpillar and the Pollywog  which really should say that the caterpillar becomes a beautiful moth, not butterfly.  The second was when I fished a bald-faced hornet out of the water.  It fell back in several times due I suspect to an overindulgence in fermenting figs.

There was also a very dead, full grown skink in the skimmer.  And a smell of decay blew from the direction of the creek.  A lot of down feathers were in the air too.  I don't know if the smell was related.  

There was more sunshine than expected, but a breeze in the afternoon.  I saw a monarch butterfly but had no milkweed for it.  A black swallowtail was happy with the rue.  Snout butterflies danced over the dogwood.  A gray hairstreak feasted on the mint.  A common whitetail dragonfly also eluded my camera but a widow skimmer posed. Egrets rested on the dock bench and the pilings.  A hummer drank all the sugar water.  


No comments:

Post a Comment